Guide: Installing Fastboot and ADB
The below guide will help you with installing Fastboot and ADB, which is a requirement to install OpenKirin ROMs. Please follow these instructions exactly as the guide instructs. Failure to do so may cause permanent damage including, but not limited to, bricking your device. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device by following this guide.
- Download the included zip file containing the fastboot and ADB binaries. You can download them by clicking the below link:
- Extract the folder inside the zip file to your desired location
- Open up the folder, and hold down the Shift key and right-click an open space, as shown in this screenshot.
NOTE: You may see “Open command prompt here” depending on your Windows settings. If this is what you have, click this.
- In the window that appears, enter the command “fastboot”
- If your fastboot is working properly, after issuing the command you will get a response of “usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>” followed by a bunch of commands. Congratulations! You now have the tools you need to flash our ROMs!
Linux instructions coming soon!