Guide: How To Extract Partition Images From Stock EMUI Firmware
In this guide, we will cover how to extract partition images from the stock EMUI you downloaded in the How To Download Stock EMUI Firmware For Your Device guide. This is very useful for things such as restoring your stock recovery or kernel. Let’s begin!
- Navigate to the folder you downloaded the update.zip file into
- Open the zip file, and extract the UPDATE.APP file inside to a location of your choice
- Next, download worstenbrood’s Huawei Update Extractor from his XDA thread or directly from this link. Extract this file into a new folder. The contents of the folder should look like this:
- In this folder, double-click or run HuaweiUpdateExtractor.exe
- Before trying to do anything, click the Settings tab and uncheck the “Verify header checksum” as shown below. Keeping this setting enabled is known to cause issues loading certain updates, so it’s best to just keep it disabled. Additionally, keep the profile set to “Unknown (worstenbrood)”.
- Now, go back to the Extract tab, click the load file button, and navigate to where you extracted your UPDATE.APP file
- If successful, you should have a screen like the below:
- On this screen, you can use Ctrl + Click to select the partitions you want. Once you’ve selected everything you want, right click and choose “Extract Selected” as shown below. Typically you will want to extract KERNEL.img, RAMDISK.img, RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img, and SYSTEM.img
- A pop-up will appear allowing you to choose the location to extract the partition images to.
- Once the files have been extracted, ensure they are present in the location you selected.
- Congratulations, you’ve extracted your device’s stock partition images! These images can be flashed to your device to do things such as restore your stock recovery. More details on this process can be found in the guide titled How To Flash Extracted Partition Images