Guide: How To Download Stock EMUI Firmware For Your Device
This guide will show you how to download the stock EMUI firmware for your device. Knowing how to do this a requirement for doing other tasks such as getting back on stock recovery, installing Magisk without TWRP, or if you want to go back to EMUI after install our ROMs, not that you’d ever want to do that 😉 .
- The first step is to determine which variant of your device you are on. The easist way to do this is to simply go to your settings, and to the “About Phone” section. As shown in the below screenshot, your build number is listed. The first section “BKL-L09” is your model number, the middle “22.214.171.124” is the build number, and the bracketed (C432) is your device’s regional variant. This number is very important in determining the correct firmware to download. Remember these are examples, your device will have different numbers. This process is similar for both EMUI and for custom ROMs, the screens will just look slightly different.
- Now that we have our device variant we’ll need to download the firmware for your device so we can extract the files we need. To do this, we using the Firmware Finder database located at https://pro-teammt.ru/en/online-firmware-database/. The page is in Russian, but there is a Google translate link at the top to change it to English.
- To search for your firmware, enter your device model number followed by the regional variant. So, of using the example in step 1, you would enter “BKL-L09C432” into the search. In the results you receive, you should see your version in the results, as shown below.
- You will notice there is often more than one result for each build number. This is because one is a “FullOTA-MF” download, while the other is an “OTA-MF” update. Which one you select depends on the files you need. The general rule here is that if you need the system.img, then download the FullOTA-MF download. If you don’t need the system.img, and only need other files such as the kernel or ramdisk, then you can download the OTA-MF update
- When you’re ready to download the file, click the blue “update” link for your firmware as shown in the above screenshot. The update.zip file should begin downloading.
- Once the zip file is completed, you’re finished! Congratulations, you’ve successfully downloaded your device’s stock firmware!
- Now that you have the firmware, you may want to check out our guide on How To Extract Partition Images From Stock EMUI Firmware